We leave behind millennial pink, rigid box shapes and patchwork tiles which makes way for new trends to emerge such as smoother curves, a retro feel and strong ties with the natural world around us. Sustainability is also becoming more and more influential in bathroom design, as well as ‘wellbeing and comfort’ coming into forefront focus for new builds and renos alike.
Here’s our top 5 Bathroom Trend Tips for 2020/2021
1. 2020 is all about bringing the outside in, with coral, navy and mint colours being drawn into the bathroom area. As well as earthy tones, keeping their place in the bathroom colour palette. Nature is coming indoors with the use of leaves, jungle plants and branches coming inside to add a sense of calm among busy daily life. When choosing a theme featuring strong natural elements it’s important to make sure that the design of your bathroom is echoed by the interior design of your home as a whole.
2. The natural theme goes beyond just the colour palette, as we see different materials coming into the home in the form for decorative pieces, flooring and furniture. Think Bamboo, Terracotta, Seagrass and Burnt Wood. The beauty of these materials is that you can find them in both minimalist and more detailed pieces. Bring these features in through bathroom accessories if you want to keep them more of a subtle feature.
3. We continue to draw inspiration from the rich culture of Japan. This year, Japan not only inspires the ‘smart home’ but also the use of art deco and neon to contrast the any ‘cold technology’ vibes of the modern home.
4. There are no longer ‘rules’ around the use of pattern, especially in the bathroom. So have some fun, go back to the 70’s or 80’s and bring back 3D effect wallcoverings or use the 2020 version – the textured tile! There is an array of colours, textures and styles of 3D tiles so you can be sure to find the perfect one for your home.
5. Freestanding baths remain top of the list in terms of must-have items for the bathroom. With the bath as the centre piece of the bathroom, try bringing in concrete, marble and timber for texture. Compliment these materials with brass or matte black to create a bold modern bathroom. Keep an eye out in the future for two tone baths and basins which will bring even more ‘wow’ factor to this key part of the bathroom.