About to embark on a bathroom reno? This is one room in the home you can have some fun with! If you’re interested in an all-white or all-black look but don’t want your bathroom to look stark, this could be for you. Mixing dark with light creates wow-factor and layering contrasting textures and finishes will ensure a feeling of calm.
Decide whether dark or light will be your anchor. A statement piece like a vanity or bath might determine this or a large surface area colour/pattern on the walls or floor.
BATHROOM RENO TIPS
• Choose your style What style suits you as a person or family and fits best with the era of your home? Mico Bathroom Book is a great source of inspiration. It can help you find a style that’s right for you – and that balances with the look of your home.
• Plan your space Mico interactive Bathroom Design Planner allows you to visualise your space in 3D before making any big decisions.
• Choose your statement pieces Pick out the big-ticket items first. Your choice in vanities and bath tubs will influence and impact your other purchases.
• Decide whether dark or light will be your anchor A statement piece like a vanity or bath might determine this or a large surface area colour/pattern on the walls or floor.
• Accessorise with a contrasting colour In this look (main image) white is used sparingly to break up the dark and create a fresh and stylish look.
• Go big on flooring If the rest of your room is fairly clean and minimal, look for flooring tiles with a bit of personality. Avoid wood or wood-look flooring for this particular style.
• Don’t be afraid to mix and match matte with gloss Glossy tiles with matte black tapware will provide texture and subtle interest.
EXPLORE BATHROOMS WITH HIGH CONTRAST STYLE