As you will have heard in the Prime Minister’s announcement, New Zealand has now moved to a COVID-19 Alert Level 4.
In line with this guidance all of our Mico stores are now closed.
As part of this announcement the government has also provided guidance on the need to continue to supply essential services. These essential services do include the Plumbing industry for services immediately needed to maintain human health and safety at home/work. In doing so continuing to protect our people and customers will remain a top priority for Mico and we have an adjusted service model with regards to this.
How we can still help:
- Each branch will have designated team members for call out sales during the Level 4 shutdown period. You will be able to place orders by phoning the branch, via the branch email, or directly to one of our designated call out staff.
- They will then specify a time to meet you at the branch for pick up.
- When visiting the branch we ask that you remain outside and our team will bring the product out to you.
- Please also continue to employ good hygiene practices, maintain social distances and avoid handshakes to ensure the risk of any transmission is avoided.
- Our branches will be able to supply products from existing stock. If a non-stocked product is needed urgently, we will do what we can to source this from another branch or via our suppliers.
- Some branches may be able to provide delivery to you however, this is at their discretion and should only be for urgent health and safety reasons
- Branch email inboxes will continue to be monitored by your Branch Manager should you have any questions.
Other Questions you may have:
- If you have an open order which has been picked up or delivered you will be invoiced accordingly. If your order has not yet been picked up or delivered this will not be done until our branches resume normal trading.
- TradeDoor – We will not be monitoring or processing any orders placed on TradeDoor during the Level 4 period – this is because the order prints off in branch and cannot be monitored remotely. You will however be able to see stock availability in all of our sites through TradeDoor and other information about your Mico account.
- Trade Edge Points – We will put a points expiry exemption on all points which are due to expire over the next three months, giving you until the 31st December 2020 to use these.
- Trade Edge Redemptions – you will continue to be able to redeem your points via our Trade Edge website and by calling the Trade Edge team, however, we will not be able to fulfil any orders until our suppliers open again after the Level 4 period. At this time there is likely to be a significant backlog which may take some time to work through.
We understand that this is a challenging and uncertain time for everyone. We appreciate your patience and your support. Our teams are still available if there is anything we can do to help, so please do not hesitate to contact us.
It is important we keep our essential services running, support New Zealand’s plumbing health and safety needs and look after all our people.
General Manager, Mico